Thursday, October 4, 2007

Recap- Wednesday Edition SPOILERS

I got a new name for these posts since I'm gonna do them a lot more now. I'm doing this at 1:00 am because I can't sleep. I hate that! Lemme just get down to it-

America's Next Top Model (ANTM)- OMG! Lindsey and I were dying laughing at the very classy Bianca who was talking about how "high fashion" she is and then in the next breath how she "ain't afraid to cut up some clothes". Now, let me tell you how PISSED I would be if someone cut my clothes!! That is just wrong. I cannot take that attitude. It's gross. It's ghetto. I can't take seeing Jaslene (last season's winner) and her stupid "commercials". She cannot speak! GAH! Onto the pics- I think Heather is stunning. Victoria's picture was so cute with her big coquettish eyes and pretzel arms. I loved it. Bianca's picture was ugly. She is very pretty but her face was wrong. I hated the whole "rock-climbing" set-up and Jay's "give me ART" and "what are you thinking about?" Hello- they are freaking MODELING. They are not performing rocket science or even writing a novel (he he he). I know that you have to project feeling in your face when you model, but gimmie a break. I wanted Bianca to go but whatever.

Gossip Girl- Yeah, yeah, yeah... I watch it and I love it. Thank God I'm not in high school anymore! Girls are royal bitches. I had people talk about me in high school because I was sick a lot and missed school. Rumors flew and all that but, whatever. I did have friends and the people who were really out to hurt me didn't go to school with me!

Private Practice- I think this show definitely has potential. The episode tonight was a good one. The stripper was stupid but was funny when Addison referred to her to Pete later. I loved the "tingly" thing. The switched baby plot- oh the horror!! I always tell Luke that when we have our lil dumpling that he is to follow her all around because that is just a huge fear! But, for the DAD to do it because the baby was sick? How awful! I love Violet. She's so good and I know it's residual love for Amy (a la Judging Amy). Don't you definitely see her and Cooper together? Didn't you see that a long time ago? The baby switch- heartbreaking, yes, but i don't think it was very realistic. Can it really be that easy? I mean just like that- I have yours, you have mine- SWITCH! Finally, PETE is creepy. I don't like him. I hope I do eventually but, as of now, I don't.

Top Chef- It was the finale and I love this show. Oh, and I love Chef Tom. I wanted Casey to win soooooo bad because 1) I've loved her from the get go and 2) we NEED a woman winner! Sadly, it was not to be. I still think the black guy should have been in the end. I'll not say the winner here, even though I've warned you of spoilers.

Pushing Daisies- I really want to see this! I have to wait though until I can clear up some space for it. Right now, the premiere episode comes on again on Friday at 7:00. You can also watch ABC shows on their website. This show is a visual delight (I peaked during a commercial break) and has a very creative and unique concept. I'm excited to watch.

Kid Nation- These kids are just the cutest things. Mallory talking to her parents was so sweet. Mallory and Olivia (sisters) were also very adorable. Laurel is such a fantastic leader, friend and such a smart and mature girl. The other kid I just want to take home is Jared. He's the little jester from Georgia. I love this show and I'll continue to sing it's praises. The lessons learned are enormous. Conflict solving was a big lesson learned on today's episode. It was really amazing and gives hope for the future generation.

I still have to watch Dirty Sexy Money. It's waiting on the DVR- along with Law & Order:SVU, Cold Case, Better Half, Kimora: Life in the Fast Lane.

5 comments:

mamashine said...

I love Kid Nation too. Taylor is about to make me shake her. Oh, I AM a pageant queen... I hope they do have re-elections.
And I like Greg, although he's kind of a jerk. Being 15 out there has got to suck, with a bunch of little kids. And he's probably right that Mallory only got the star because it was her birthday.

Anonymous said...

I watched Kid Nation for the first time last night and of course loved it! The kids are adorable and the life lessons are awesome! I loved when Mallory called her parents. I can't imagine sending my kids out to a situation such as that - but I agree it is going to be very valuable to them. Without going into details here, I have had to send my child to a wilderness camp for some "issues" and it was one of the hardest decisions and times of my life as a mother. BUT there were no prizes to be won - just hard life lessons in Montana!!

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh I got so caught up in Kid Nation I forgot to comment on Private Practice. It does have potential but I am not totally hooked yet. The verdict is still out. I will continue to watch. The baby switching was heart wrenching. Sam is so cute - I wish he and Naomi would get back together. Addyson hasn't really come into full bloom yet. I love Cooper! Pete IS creepy.
I watched my Cane taping and it is an awesome show! I LOVE Jimmy Smits in this movie. It is a little convaluted with him being the adopted son married to his "sister". Strange!! AND they are expecting another child while their oldest is enlisting in the army??? Oh well - it is good and suspenseful. And I love the whole family business deal - of course.

Sheila

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Somethimg has happened to me and TV.....I have no interest in Soooo very many things that are on TV these days...KID NATION, not interested. GOSSIP whatevere...not interested.
Private Practce....Mmmmmmmmmm, I don't know. It doesn't seem real at all, to me....And what did Judging Amy DO to herself? She looks great, but NOT exactly like herself anymore. The kind of "lift" that makes one look very rested...But, in her case, more than that...! I watched PUSHING DAISY'S...interesting.
Have you seen LIFE, with Damien Lewis? It is somewhat different in quite a few ways, and I will watch it again to see how it continues.....!

But here's the thing: The other day I was doing some mindless work in my bedroom and BRAVO had a mini marathon of the first season of WEST WING...! It was such a great show in every way...Writing, Acting, Directing...And as I watched it I thought...There is NOTHING on TV these days that can hold a cadle to this show. Now, MAD MEN is wonderful and I think it is a very true to life show of a period in New York City that I am familiar with...And for me, it is the BEST thing on TV now....!
I will be watching it tonight!

I love that you started this new blog....I need to Bookmark it and check it out, especially right now with this new season underway...

Oh, and TOP CHEF! Like you, I soooo wanted Casey to win. It is a shame...BUT I bet she will have a fabulous career as a Chef!

Kate said...

Yay! New blog!

We're watching The Office right now. Brilliant, as always!