Monday, October 15, 2007

Shoeaddict Loves Samantha

Tonight was the premiere of Samantha Who? starring Christina Applegate, Jean Smart, Barry Watson and Jennifer Esposito. These are actors that I really like and I could not wait for this show to premiere. I honestly didn't have high hopes, though. The premise just seemed... trite? Maybe that's the wrong word. It just seemed really tired.

Samantha Newly (Christina Applegate) is in a coma for 8 days after she's in a hit-and -run accident. When she wakes up she has amnesia and doesn't remember anything. She doesn't know her parents (mom is Jean Smart), her best friend (Jennifer Esposito) or her live-in boyfriend (Barry Watson). She also doesn't know that she was/is basically a cheating bitch.

Despite the cast, I really didn't expect to like this show. I was surprised because I LOVED it. I was extremely irritated because my DVR cut the show off when Samantha shows up at her parents' house in the middle of the night! I have no idea how much-or what- I missed. I swear I feel like I should just DVR the whole night. This happens too much.

Bottom line: I'm supposed to be purging the DVR and I just seem to be adding more and more!

1 comment:

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I forgot all about this one - I'll have to set it up for next week. Sounds fun!