Friday, October 12, 2007

Shoeaddict Says...

*Spoilers*

Grey's Anatomy (Let the Truth Sting)
Thursday, 9/8 central on ABC

Ohmigod, y'all! I loved the episode last night!! For me, it was like the Grey's of old. It invoked all different emotions in me- laughter, tears, nerves. It was a glimmer of what it used to be. Even the characters were back to being who they have always been. I think there may be hope.

Alex was brilliant during his procedure in saving the day but he can't stand for George to get any type of attention and ended up proving to be a big 'ole cad in the end by outing him as a "repeater" at the end of the show. Who else wanted to wring his neck? And the eye thing- if that would've been my kid, I'da freaked!! Do y'all think he's in love with Izzie? Or that he wants her or something like that and knows there is something going on with Izzie and George? I know he's an ass, I do, but I really think he's more complex than he wants people to think.

Derek and Mark seem to be slowly rebuilding their friendship which is a good thing. I think with Addison gone, it will be easier for them. I also think Derek was right about the surgery. Mark and the Chief were just trying to puff their egos. Something that bothered me- when the kid that had the spinal fluid building in his brain collapsed and everyone was freaking out? OK, is Dr. Shepard the ONLY neurologist (or whatever) in the entire freaking hospital? That was kooky.

Meredith was her usual hot/cold, hot/cold self with someone (her half-sister Lexi- who I don't really like, yet) who is throwing themselves at her with their emotion. Well, I suppose she has been consistently cold but then last night began to change her tune by going over Lexi's mothers death note with her. You know she'll be all cold with her again soon. Neither girl ever did anything to the other. It's not Lexi's fault Mer's dad left her. Plus, both girls have lost their mothers, they could be close. She (Mer) is obsessed with being screwed up and I really have no patience with that.

I was in love with Charlie AKA Really Old Guy. I am THE biggest sucker for elderly people and he was the cutest. His lines, especially his banter with Izzie, were adorable ("I don't like you!" "Oh, really? I thought we were B.F.F.s" Too cute! Or when he said he was gonna die-NOW- and he grunted and squeezed his eyes shut and Izzie told him he wasn't gonna die but poop in his pant!) and touching. I freaked out when Izzie started pulling out plugs and wires- HELLO! Do you like doing that? Good Gracious! And I'm glad Charlie told her what's-what about having an affair with a married man. I don't think Izzie is a bad person, just lonely and jealous.

George. Oh George! I thought it was good for him to tell Izzie what he told her. I think he never should have told her he loved her in the first place. HE'S MARRIED! It doesn't matter if he regrets it or doesn't love Callie or loves Izzie or whatever. He needs to be unmarried before getting tangled up with Izzie. PERIOD. I thought it was brave of him to tell Mark and the Chief they were wrong about doing the riskier surgery. And then- whoa, wasn't he shocked when Chatty Cathy reveals to her friends (on his advice- kinda) that they have bad hair, breath and pants! Too funny.

Miranda was working in the clinic, fielding resident/intern problems and basically doing Callie's job all day while Callie was hiding out doing paperwork. Miranda demands to know why she's not doing her job and Callie says because Miranda does it so much better and she's sick of fighting. I felt so bad for her. I felt bad for Miranda and Callie. In the end, Miranda went to Callie and told her that she had been having trouble with this situation. She was used to being number one and now she was going to be Callie's number two (the best number two the hospital has ever seen) and work with her. The two will probably be a force to be reckoned with once they come together.

George tells Callie in the last scene that he slept with Izzie.

What did y'all think of this episode? Like I've said, I feel like Grey's is on the road to recovery. Also, a little bit of news, Private Practice is the highest rated new show. Shocked? Sad? Yeah...

My fav new shows (in no particular order):
Cane
Pushing Daisies
Gossip Girl
Big Shots
Dirty Sexy Money

XXXOOO

3 comments:

KatieBug said...

I LOVED really old guy!! I was rolling when Izzie told him he wasn't gonna die but poop in his pants! That was a good episode.

It was also funny how Christina was pretending to be sad to steal Meridith's surgeries and she told Alex "Sad is mine find your own pretend feeling".

Ladytink_534 said...

Izzie is still getting on my nerves but no where near as bad as Addison does on Private Practice.

Have you ever seen The Unit? It's a show hubby and I love to watch together.

shoeaddict said...

Ladytink- No, not watching The Unit. I really am SO SO overbooked! :) I am too many shows already!!