Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FABULOSITY!

Have I told y'all about Kimora? She is so funny, so over-the-top, so very watchable on her new reality show Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane. The show follows her as she launches her KLS Collection, which is fancier than the Baby Phat line. Just in case you don't know, Kimora is the creator of the Baby Phat line. She and husband, Russell Simmons are separated and it's not known if the divorce is finalized.



Kimora Perkins was born to an Asian mom and black father in St. Louis. At 13, she was awarded an exclusive contract with Chanel and just after she turned 14, she left for Paris to work as Karl Lagerfield's (Chanel's famous designer) muse. At 14, she was already 6 feet tall.

She met Russell (and Tyra Banks- who is her best friend and godmother to her daughter, Ming Lee) while modeling and in 1998, the two were married. He is the creator of Phat Farm and co-creator of Def Jam Records. She created Baby Phat which is the female counterpart of the line. They also created 2 daughters, who model for Baby Phat, Ming Lee (7) and Aoki Lee (4). In the pic above, Aoki is the one all "Heeeeey" posing.


I don't know how many episodes I've missed or whatever. I don't even know when the new ones come on (I know, I'm so ashamed!) but, I found it on one Sunday on the Style channel and I've seen a few. Yes, she is so very bitchy- a lot. She is a D-I-V-A to the Nth degree, for sure. I don't know her, I don't know true facts about her but, my lil 'ole opinion is this: she works and even though lots of people work harder and get paid a lot less- she's been working since she was 13. Yes, she may be bitchy to her (many) assistants and employees but, she's paying them to work for her. I don't ever want to be any one's personal assistant; packing their suitcases, ordering their lunch, making their appointments or whatever but, they know what they are in for, right?


Kimora has awesome sound bytes, too! I have DVR'ed a few and I watched them today. She was looking for a house in L.A. because she is going to be spending more time there and the house she has was just not big enough. So she tells her real estate agent that she wants a perfect, big (at least 7 bedrooms), homey house in a great neighborhood. She wants that in 3 days and right now is day 1. Her price range- she says about, 4, 5. 6 to 12, 15 million. Good Lord! Good. Lord.


The agent decides to take her in a helicopter ride to see which neighborhood(s) she likes to narrow it down a bit. This is where one of my FAV Kimora lines comes in. Kimora, Russ (the agent) and Sandra (Kimora's executive assistant) go up to the 'copter. Kimora is loosing her mind because she is afraid of heights and closterphobic. She's trying to tell Sandra, who is behind her, that she is scared and has to call on Jesus. C'mon Sandra we gots to call on Jesus, (she turns around and finds her on the phone), damn, Sandra, I'm tryin to call on Jesus and you're on the phone don't you know my nerves is bad! i don't know the exact quote but, it was funny because- CHILD, my nerves is fo' sho' bad!!

Okay, I stopped writing that on Sunday and am starting back on Tuesday. I just watched another epi on the DVR. The one where there was a launch party for the Hello Kitty jewelry line at the Phat Farm/Baby Phat flagship store. She's funny in that one too. She gets a fung shui expert to come in and look at the store and her office. When the f.s. lady comes to meet her at her office, she says "Hi, I'm Whatevertheheckthef.s.lady'snamewas" and Kimora says, "Hi, I'm fabulous!" The f.s. lady just looks at her like OKAAAAAAAY!

So, f.s. lady tells her she is sitting in a perfect spot in the office because she can see everyone before they can see her. Kimora tells her, "That's a hood thing." I thought that was funny, too. What else, what else...?

I let you know. If you don't get the Style channel, I think it comes on the E! network.

6 comments:

mamashine said...

Funny! The only time I've ever seen her is when she hosted the top ten most expensive cribs on mtv, and it wasn't until I realized TWO of them belonged to her that I found out she was famous. I thought she was just the host chick.

Gillian had some baby phat stuff when she was littler. Didn't know that was her either.

*Tanyetta* said...

Kimora is truly fab! She and her hubby are divorced (or in process) and now she's with that yummy looking actor!---i'm always saying my nerves are bad too! LOL

p.s. that one guy sweats too much. i guess i get grossed out when people sweat and then they wipe their foreheads without a hankie. ok nevermind. i have issues :) LOL

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I was looking as far as something that singular make. The prices for the sneakers are approximately 190 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this site selling them for half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact model. The prices for the velcros are about 180 dollars on every site. But definitively I set this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm really into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 180 dollars everwhere. But completely I found this location selling them for half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello friends. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging for that exact make. The prices seeking the shoes are all over 330 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what is your opinion?