Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Biggest Loser- Season 7 The Biggest Yet

This show ALWAYS kills me. It touches me, it inspires me, it haunts me. I am super-super sensitive and I get emotional for every show. My mama had to call me last night and warn me that there is an older man who falls out and he is gonna be ok. She knows that I have a really sensitive soul and that seeing him fall out would really get to me. So, I'm warning you, dear readers. This show is gonna touch you. You are gonna feel something when you watch.

I already really relate to the cousins, Felipe and Sione. A part of their culture is food and as a Cajun, I get that.

The 19 year old kid, Daniel, OH! OH! That just breaks my heart open. I just want him to succeed.

The MAW MAW and PAW PAW! I love, love the name Estella! I want them to be ok- to DO IT.

It is ALWAYS the mom/daughter or son/dad or mixed that really, really get to me. I'm so close to both of my parents and I know how much I love them and what I would do for them. Anything. I don't want to be fat with my fat young kids so it's time NOW to make the change.

YAY Bob! I heart him so so freaking much. I know that I've said that plenty before but, it bears repeating. How funny is it watching Bob and Jillian watch the contestants be all lost in the gym. "Get her OFF the bars!"

Oh, no! I cannot watch Jerry fall. I can't do it. Poor Estella. Poor, Poor Estella. Oh, I gotta fast-forward. Let me tell ya'll that my PaPa is 69 years old and he is 10x healthier than this. He can run and ski and do all that. If I would've been there in the gym at that time, I'da LOST it. LOST IT. I want him to come back though. I want him to do whatever he can to get better.

Everyone should be required to watch this show. EVERYONE. I think that it's so important to see this. If you are fat, you need to see that you can do it. You need to see how big you could get if you let yourself go. I know that it wouldn't take too much for me to weigh 300 pounds. I don't want that though. I want to LIVE and be HAPPY and HEALTHY. I'm happy that I'm smaller than any of these people, for the first time! There was always someone smaller than me or the same exact weight- starting. I am so so so beyond thrilled to say that I am smaller than the smallest person's starting weight. It's not a great thing to be proud of but I gotta start somewhere. So, YAY me!

These weights are just overwhelming. Daniel is 454 pounds and he is the biggest contestant they have ever weighed at the show. He can't walk, he waddles. It's really imperative that he gets healthy, or he will die.

I LOVE the bodybugg. I want it now. I use CalorieKing.com or SparkPeople.com to keep track of my calories but it's hard to keep track of what I burn. Actually, I have not worked out in awhile so, I need to do that.

Jerry is back. He says that at the hospital the doctor told him that his blood pressure dropped while he was working out. That is why he passed out. That used to happen to me all the time. My blood pressure dropped and I would be out. My bp is still on the low side but I don't pass out anymore.

(Sign up for the Pound for Pound Challenge.) (I am having a hard time with it. I cannot get it to acknowledge my email address! UGH!! Anyone else have this problem?)

I'm thinking that we have not been introduced to all the teams. I want to see the green team again, the models. I am also going to be able to relate to them, too. Not because I am or ever was a model but because they were not always fat. Or I guess they weren't.

All I can think of during the challenge is that the street/bridge they are running on looks very slippery. I'd bust my ass. Every time I watch this show, I'm inspired to RUN! and JUMP! and CLIMB! That is a very good thing though. I'm so proud of Aubrey- whether she wins or loses- that was awesome. Aww, she lost, but only by a teeny bit. Way to go, girls.

Oh, going to see the results of the tests. How I need Blue to go there. I would love to do it, too. I know that I have fatty liver that I'm trying to heal. I'd like to know what my age is inside my body. My cholesterol is good though! I stopped smoking. I'd like my DAD to find out what his is too. Maybe that would help him? I don't know.

The daddy crying and holding hands with his boy- oh, that is so sweet.

The black team men have wives and kids. One has a baby on the way next month, his third child. It's not just about them. People are depending on them.

On a side note, Ali Sweeney looks good. She is really pretty. She is just a little pregnant for her 2nd child in these episodes. Her daughter is due this month.

Big twist- 9 contestants are going home! They are breaking the teams up. That is kinda crazy. Blaine and Dane- the black team- are immune. They lost 34 pounds combined. Wow!
"I lost 14 pounds but I felt like I lost 50, " -Blaine. I think that means a lot.

*The silver team- Joelle and Carla- lost 24 pounds. This is the team with the biggest woman ever.
*The orange team- Dan and David- lost 46 pounds. This is the team with the biggest man and the biggest contestant ever. He lost 30 pounds!
*The red team- Nicole and Damien- lost 35 pounds. She beat him! They were one pound away from being above the yellow line.
*The white team- Estella and Jerry- lost 34 pounds. They needed 33 pounds. Jerry lost 25 pounds! WOW.
- The lights must be insane there by the scale because poor Ali is sweating like crazy.
*The blue team-Filipe and Sione-lost 40 pounds. They need 41 to be above the yellow line. Aw.
*The yellow team-Aubrey and Mandi-needs more than 28 pounds and they lost 25. Awww.
*The purple team- Cathy and Kristin-(Kristin was the second biggest woman)-lost 31 pounds. They needed 36 to stay. Jerry and Estella are still the winners with three teams left.
*The pink team-Helen and Shannon- lost 25 pounds. They needed 30.
*The green team-Tara and Laura-the ex-models, lost 34 pounds and needed only 32. Tara lost 21 pounds and did an adorable dance. "Who loses 21 pounds? I DO!" -Tara. They are above the yellow line so Estella and Jerry are now below it.
*The brown team-Ron and Mike- need to have lost more than 48 pounds. They lost 54 freaking pounds. Good gracious. They win for the week. Ron lost the most (32 pounds) weight anyone has ever lost in one week. It's amazing.

I have to say that this twist is BIG. The black team won immunity during the challenge so they are safe. The brown team came in first at the weigh-in so they are safe. Every other team has to chose one of their members to go home. After thirty days, whoever is still in the game gets their partner back. I don't think I like this very much. I don't like the separating of the teams but it is different.

What do you do? How interesting to see three different strategies, or trains-of-thought, right away. On the pink team (mother/daughter), Shannon (daughter) is saying that Helen has to stay because she will go back to bad habits at home. She says that she is not staying without her mother. On the red team (finaces), Nicole seems to be laying her case out for Damien. She is telling him that she can do it and that she has surprised herself already. The yellow team (sisters) is talking about who would be mad or who would fault whom if they were eliminated eventually. The blue team (cousins) are saying that they have no doubts in each other. The silver team (best friends/biggest woman) asks each other if they want to stay and talk about how they were the lowest losing team.

*Pink team (mother/daughter) loses Shannon (daughter). Helen stays.
*Blue team (Tongan cousins) loses Sione. Filipe stays.
*Green team (ex-model BFFs) loses Laura. Tara stays.
*Yellow team (sisters) loses Aubrey. Mandi stays.
*Red team (fiances) loses Nicole. Damien stays.
*Orange team (BFFs/biggest contestant) loses David. Dan (the biggest contestant) stays.
*Silver team (BFFs/biggest woman) loses Carla (the biggest woman). Joelle stays- this one I don't get.
*Purple team (mother/daughter) loses Cathy (mom). Kristin stays.
*White team (oldest/grandparents) loses Estella. Jerry stays.
(OH GOD. I lost it when they started "Courage Is" song) (It's one of my THEME songs!)

I'm looking forward to next week when Bob loses his cool!


Courage Is
Take all my vicious words
And turn them into something good

Take all my preconceptions
And let the truth be understood

Take all my prized possessions
Leave only what I need

Take all my pieces of doubt
And let me be what's underneath

Courage is when you're afraid,
But you keep on moving anyway
Courage is when you're in pain,
But you keep on living anyway

We all have excuses why
Living in fear something in us dies

Like a bird with broken wings
It's not how high he flies,
But the song he sings

Courage is when you're afraid,
But you keep on moving anyway
Courage is when you're in pain,
But you keep on living anyway
You keep on living anyway

It's not how many times you've been knocked down
It's how many times you get back up

Courage is when you've lost your way,
But you find your strength anyway

Courage is when you're afraid
Courage is when it all seems grey
Courage is when you make a change,
And you keep on living anyway

You keep on moving anyway
You keep on giving anyway
You keep on loving anyway

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love that--you keep on living anyway. A-MEN!

mamashine said...

OKay, I'm finally caught up with this episode and I love this post. :) I forgot to set the tivo last week though and missed it, so what happened in the next one?