Monday, September 15, 2008

Shoeaddict Says

I got all caught up on ANTM, GG, and BB10 this weekend. Let's chat about those shows and also, let's talk about THIS which is a big deal to me. BIG.DAMN.DEAL.
*Beware of SPOILERS! If you are not caught up on these shows, don't read yet, 'k?*

ANTM
Lemme just get out some of my first thoughts (that I remember now)- I know that it's your show TYRA and I know that you were/are a model. Everybody knows that, but really, get over yourself! I cannot believe that there are still so many girls interested in spending so much time in a house filled with HUGE pictures of Tyra Banks smiling with her eyes. And I can't believe that I still watch the damn show, but I do.

Isis the "transgender"- hmmmmm, I've really thought about this one. I do understand that some girls are uncomfortable and confused. I'm a small town girl and have lots of questions about pre-surgery transgendered girls. I'd wanna know, what is different about you (Isis) than some cross-dressing man? Then I saw that she is taking shots and I know that they don't just give that stuff out. I cannot imagine her life. It's not for me to judge or know so whatever. I don't see the great beauty though. If we are supposed to see her as a regular contestant than I'm going to do that.

Gossip Girl
How much do I love the Blair and Chuck stuff? Serena and Dan were soooooo sleepy boring in the end. Blair and Chuck are electric hot!! I don't know about this new twisty Nate/Catherine, Duchess/Lord stuff but I like the one uppers with B and Bass-tard. I hate Chuck's hair. I love Blair and Serena's looks in the past two episodes. Serena's dress and hair at the White Party in the Hampton's- HEART STOPPING.

If Vanessa and Rufus get together, I will puke.

Big Brother 10
I would vote neither. I don't like either one at this point. I liked Keesha the best. I think that Dan will win though.

90210
Okay- I think that there are good arguments all over the Internet supporting that either Brandon, Dylan or Steve are the father of Sammy, Kelly Taylor's son. We will supposedly find out who he is on Tuesday's show when Brenda says his name. Here are my (100% dorky) notes on the subject:

Brandon


  • Kelly said she was talking to Sammy's father. She told Brenda and Nat that she talked to Brandon. BUT, isn't that obvious?
  • She has history with Brandon (she said she had history with Sammy's father)
  • Brenda would be Sammy's aunt and would want to be near her nephew. She could just want to be near her friend's child.
  • Brandon was/is very responsible and would take care of his child. He grew up in a stable family and had two parents who were always there for him. I'd think that he'd want that for his child, too. He is gone for his job- a journalist? Wouldn't your child come first if he/she was a priority?
  • Jason Priestly has said that she does not want to come back on the show as Brandon Walsh. He may come back as a director. Maybe it's a lie to throw us all off. Maybe they will just use his name.


    • Dylan

      • When the original show ended, Kelly and Dylan were together. They had finally given into their true love for each other.
      • Kelly and Dylan had history in high school.
      • I think it'll be more of a surprise and drama if it's Dylan. Brenda is on with Kelly!
      • Dylan is a bad boy. He is irresponsible and an alcoholic and has had problems with drugs. He has problems with commitment, too. He had a troubled relationship with his father and a tumultuous childhood. I'd think that he'd want better for his own child.
      • Luke Perry has said that he doesn't want to appear on the show either. See above.


      Steve

      • Kelly and Steve dated Freshman year in high school and it took Steve years and years and years to get over her. By the end of the original 90210, Steve was married to Janet and had a daughter, Maddie. Kelly and Dylan were her godparents.
      • Sammy looks like Steve with the blonde curly hair. Kelly has blonde hair too.
      • Steve's mom's name is Samantha and so maybe Sammy is named for her.
      • Steve would be a big shock- he's not Brandon or Dylan.
      • Steve was married when we last saw him so maybe that is why he is not with the two. Steve was adopted and he was obsessed with finding his birth parents (then later found out that his "adopted" father was his birth father") so why would he do that to his own child.
      • I have heard two different things about Ian Ziering and his stance on appearing on the new 90210- that he would like to and that he would not like to, so there you go. Or not.

      I really would love to see some more of the original cast. The whole show should be- Beverly Hills, 90210: Married, Children & Middle Age. I would definitely watch.

      7 comments:

      mamashine said...

      I liked Keesha too. And I think Dan will probably win also, but you never know.

      I don't watch those other shows you talked about. :)

      mamashine said...

      But Brian Austin Green is on the Terminator show, so I saw him last night. Does that count for a bit of 90210?

      Sarah T. said...

      The only show of these that I am watching is 90210. I have it on my DVR list but have not seen the first two (or three) episodes. Can't wait!! I had a comment about the transgender contestant on ANTM, but it was getting to graphic, so I decided to email you instead. I didn't want to offend anyone?

      Lys said...

      I'm hoping its either Dylan or Brandon (more Dylan)... we'll have to see. I just wish they would bring back more of the cast.

      I wonder - with the success of 90210 now, would there ever be a Melrose 2.0 in the near future. Could you imagine, Amanda, Billy and crew back again. (I was more of a MP gal than BH - yup, you guessed it - Rob Estes)

      Kate said...

      I am loving Gossip Girl except for Serena and Dan--they are snooz-a-riffic right now. I am waiting for Sunday when they re-run it because there's supposed to be some tete-a-tete with D&S. I am loving Chuck & Blair and the wacky faux-"upper crust" folks.

      I am loving 90210! I loved your analysis of who the dad would be. I think they can do a lot with "daddy" being away and talking to him on the phone. He can still screw up a lot for Kelly that way, especially if she's still not over him.

      shoeaddict said...

      Kate- Agree on both.
      I think that Kelly's baby daddy will not show up until later (maybe the season finale in May) and he will jerk her around via phone/letters/email whatever.

      Kate said...

      Also, remember his little sister? Maybe she'll come back to stir things up.