Monday, September 8, 2008

New For the Weekend

Weekend= Friday and Sunday night shows

FRIDAY
Crusoe
NBC
Oct 17, 8 PM
Staring- Philip Winchester , Sam Neill, Anna Walton , Sean Bean
It's an action adventure drama based on the classic novel by Daniel Dafoe. It's set on location in South Africa, but no one has seen it yet.
-I'm not gonna watch because pirates and discovering lands, etc is not really my cuppa, but if it's yours, go at it.

The Ex List
CBS
Oct 3, 9PM
Staring- Elizabeth Reaser(Ava/Rebecca on Grey's), Rachel Boston, Alexandra Breckenridge, Amir Talai
I hear this is really funny and great. Bella (Reaser) hears from her psychic that the man she will marry is someone she has already dated, so she has to go back through them. It also shows her best friend and sister's lives, so it's all girly feel-good.
-I'm watching even though I didn't love Ava/Rebecca on Grey's. I think the whole face thing creeped me out. PLUS, I'm an Alex/Izzie fan.


Sanctuary
Sci-Fi
Oct 3, 9PM
Staring- Amanda Tapping, Christopher Heyerdahl
About a refuge for supernatural beings, or something, I guess.
-I'm so not into Sci-Fi.

The Starter Wife
USA
Oct 10, 10PM
Staring- Debra Messing(Will & Grace, a personal FAV), Judy Davis, Chris Diamantopoulos
Debra Messing reprises the role of Molly Kagan who is newly divorced from a showbiz bigwig. The role began last summer in a miniseries of the same name, when Molly's husband asked for a divorce and Molly and their young daughter moved out. Now, Molly is starting up a writing career and trying to balance her social life and familiar obligations in Hollywood.
-I'm definitely watching, for Debra.

SUNDAY
True Blood
HBO
Sept 7, 9PM
Staring- Anna Paquin , Stephen Moyer, Rutina Wesley, Alexander Skarsgard
This one has already premiered this past Sunday night. It is set in Louisiana and it's about vampires. It's gotten some buzz because vampires are big right now with a lot of different groups of people and this show is a mix of things. It's a romantic comedy that is a little goth and a little murder mystery. That is a big 'ole gumbo of genres. Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) is a telepathic waitress who dates a 150 year-old vampire (Stephen Moyer).

Easy Money
CW
Oct 5, 9PM
Staring- Laurie Metcalf (Aunt Jackie on Roseanne), Judge Reinhold
This show was hard to pin down. I'm not sure about it, if it's truly going to show or not. I found a few different premiere dates and some sites don't have it at all. It looks to be about a family of loan sharks- a drama.
-Eh, ?

4 comments:

mamashine said...

I say... meh. I might check out Crusoe, possibly. And the vampire one if I had hbo, which I don't. Depends on if it's scary. I like vampire books, but not always movies and stuff.

shoeaddict said...

I figured you would like Crusoe. It looks really pretty, the set and all. I don't know if TB is scary, maybe. I don't have HBO either so I'll probably do Netflix.

mamashine said...

OOH. They just called and offered me 30 days of hbo free. I get to watch the vampire show after all!

Kate said...

I'm excited about The Starter Wife! I read the book right before it came on last summer and I loved it, even the parts that were different. Debra Messing made me really love that character. And I love her friends!

I'll probably watch Crusoe just on principle (Brit lit teacher). My kids always like it if there's some movie or TV based on a book even if it's dreadful. It gives them something to connect to at first.