Monday, December 3, 2007

The Aftermath

Luke and I watched DH last night and Whoa! It was gooooood. I thought there was a great mix of drama (Susan falling down the stairs, which I've been waiting for, Sylvia and Katherine sparring in the street, Sylvia locking herself in Bree's bathroom, the tornado itself) and comedy (Carlos: "You're supposed to pack the essentials. Is that a boa? Gaby: "If you're taking me somewhere I don't need a boa, I don't want to go!", etc).

Mary Alice told us in the beginning that one of them [the Housewives] would lose a husband and they would all lose a friend. I think that after the fence post went straight through Victor, we can say he's dead. He is legally Gaby's husband, sooooo, there you go.

Who else? Sylvia is obviously dead but, she's not a friend to anyone. Her getting sucked out the door was funny. She was a kook. I think Katherine is, too, though. I'd rather someone punch me than spit on me.

I loved Bree in this episode! Luke (who has never watched before) said I was just like her! I'm not, of course, but he said that because she invited Sylvia in to get the dirt on Katherine. Loved her "I can't help it if I have a sympathetic face!" line. Oh, and the anti-bacterial soap part. Ha ha... So, are Bree and Katherine friends now? Maybe there is a tiny bridge but, there is still the big secret about Dylan. I don't trust Katherine.

Mike pissed me off. I think I might've kept him cuffed to the chair! I hope he really gets help. I'm glad Susan finally stood up for herself and her baby. I hope she follows through with it.

As for the friend who is dead, I think it's Ida. I don't think it's Tom or the Scavo kids. I think Ida was probably dead before the tornado came (when Lynette thought she was sleeping).

From Spoilerfix.com:

When the tornado strikes, Victor and Carlos end up duking it out over Gabrielle.
"Carlos survives by ducking into the shelter of a house, but
Victor is killed
after a piece of flying white picket fence pierces his
body," said the insider." Baseball fanatic Ida Greenberg, played by Pat Crawford Brown, also dies in the storm - and her neighbors honor her memory by scattering her ashes over a
baseball field.

This is part one of two but, part two hasn't been given an air date.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE this show even though it's ridiculous sometimes. I was impressed with the episode but so disturbed when I saw the house where Lynette's husband and kids were. God it's enough to drive anyone crazy if there family is in there. Do you think the writer's strike will hold up the Part 2 from airing?

Sarah T. said...

I was going to ask the same question about the writer's strike? Normally after an episode they tell you what is going to happen next and when the new episode will air if a week will be skipped. That is a hell of a cliff hanger to be on hold for an undeterminable amount of time.

Sarah C.

Lainey-Paney said...

When Gabby said that, my husband said to me, "That's totally you."

Shoeaddict said...

The next episode has been taped but most networks are saving their episodes. This one will not air until January. I'll let you know if I hear different.