Monday, November 19, 2007

Shoeaddict Says "It's Sew Time!"

I know, I'm so behind with this. Sorry. I also know that my pictures are out of order and it's all crazy. I'm not great with the posting of the pictures. OK, here we go with the review of the first episode of season 4 of Project Runway. This show is one of my favorites. I love Heidi, Tim and the great personalities that show up each season.

So, the 15 contestants show up at their apartments, we meet them, hear a bit about them. Jillian is wearing a very cute baby blue outfit. She worked/works at Ralph Lauren. Carmen was a model and her pictures were beautiful! She's all funky now with an 80's haircut. She's all about being there first. (?) Sweet P was in a motorcycle gang. WTH? OK... The nickname thing is really silly. Oh, the boys. Kevin is quick to point out that he is straight- hee hee. Christian is the youngest and you can tell throughout the show. His hair is cuh-ray-zee.

The designers are called to Bryant Park (wow!) where Heidi and Tim meet up with them. Heidi looks awesome! The challenge is not the usual 1st challenge of making something with groceries and stuff but make something that represents them as designers. There are three tents set up with $50,000 worth of material. They must run to the tents and grab whatever they want in 10 minutes.

OK, yes, ha ha, Chris, the overweight one, didn't run like the wind like everyone else. And because FAT is a discrimination and something to make fun of, it was emphasized. The other designers are picking their materials and camera pans to Chris who is still running. It was mean. Then everybody grabs A TON of fabric and Elisa takes SILK CHIFFON and rubs it in the grass. WHAT?!?! She is "organic." Gimmie a freakin break.

They all head back over to Parson's to begin work on their masterpieces. Everyone is still shocked at Elisa and how coo-coo she seems. I think it's the definition of ironic when Christian, with his way crazy hair says she's "strange." She's finished with her dress early and it's not very good. I think Simone has beautiful eyebrows and a great face.
Can I just say, before we get to the dresses, I want a Bluefly.com accessories wall. Seriously, I want shelves like that for all my shoes and bags- totally! Rami's dress was the winner. I love this dress, especially the COLOR. The dress was made well, draped well and just classy. I don't like his model (they were just chosen for the designer) much. Those shoes are gross.
Jack's design. I loved this one, too. The colors, again, fab. I love, love black and white. The added turquoise is just kick ass. Jack is HIV positive but has not announced it yet on the show. I read it in PEOPLE magazine.
Creepy Marion Lee designed this undone crap. It's frumpy, it's too much lace and the skirt is not good.
Steven does remind me of Laura (season 2) (someone said that on their blog, sorry that I don't remember who). I loved Laura for soooooo many reasons and I really like this suit by Steven. It's well executed and elegant. I like this model, she's got Laura hair.
Carmen's design. I am down with the pants but the rest is crazy.

This is Simone's. It is boring and poorly executed. I hated the colors. The jacket thing didn't "go" with the dress. The judges hated it too and she was eliminated.
Jillian's orange dress. I liked it. I am very drawn to the color once again. The skirt is different and I liked it a lot. It's the top that kept me from loving it.
Christian's dress with the jacket that I HATED! The judges were back and forth about it. The material, the pattern of the jacket, is hideous. I don't think the jacket, in a different material would be so bad. Maybe.
Victorya's design. I loved this one, too.

Ricky's design. He designs lingerie and this babydoll definitely looks like it belongs in the VS catalog. But it's cute.

This is Elisa's concoction. Her poor model tripped over the miles of fabric pouring out of the back like a tail. Heidi said it looked like she was "pooing fabric." The dress without the train is not the worse I've seen. Those boots... my goodness! She was in the bottom 2 with Simone.
I really thought this dress was gorgeous. Chris designed this jewel toned gown with the tie-top. I love this.
Kevin's design. Hated it. What is that tacky crap in the middle?
Kit designed this awful thing. I love black and white and red- see other blog but what is this? The red thing is just unnecessary.

Sweet P designed this one. I thought it looked like a potato sack on the runway. It still looks very "sack-like" to me.
Yeah, I don't know if I'll continue doing these big huge posts! This took forever and I'm not sure if it's even good. Whew, sorry. My first impressions- Elisa is gonna be crazy and make for good TV. I think that's why she stayed in. Ricky is the funny, emotional one. I like that. Jack is a pretty Queen. The entire bunch seems to have an impressive resume'. Can't wait to see what happens next.



3 comments:

mamashine said...

Must go add this to the dvr schedule immediately, especially since I'm all caught up now!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is one of the few REALITY Shows I really like. And I think it is because they are "creating" things. It is Aretful---When it is artful, you know? Are there more contestants this year?? It seems like there are, But I honestly don't remember...I would have said they have 12 each year....
I don't know anyone's names yet...There are just too many of them...LOL, But I think it is going to be an interesting year.
Great Review, my dear....You give so much background, of course it is time consuming....!

Kate said...

My favorite is the black and white with blue sash. Think it's my size? Hahahahahahaha...