Monday, August 18, 2008

Bye, Bye Baby

I am embarrassed by how excitied I am about the 2008 Fall television season. Well, I guess I'm not too terribly embarrassed if I'm discussing it publicly, right? I'm sure it's because there were so many great shows that I fell in love with last year (Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Lipstick Jungle, Cane, Big Shots) and I didn't get any time to watch them. We had the strike and then right after that was over, summer came.

I'm starting by giving you a list of the shows that have not been picked up for the 2008-2009 season. If you have a question, email me and let me know. I'm working on the Fall schedule post. Also, let me know which shows you are gonna be watching and wanting to talk about soon! I'm gonna be (trying) to pick up the tv blogging when the shows come on again.



On to the goners:

NBC:

1 vs 100, Amnesia, Bionic Woman, Clash of the Chiors, Journeyman, Las Vegas, My Dad is Better Than Your Dad, Phenominon, Quarterlife, The Singing Bee, Scrubs

Scrubs' final season will air on ABC. I saw all the aired episodes of Quaterlife on Bravo! one day and it was good-ish. It was something I'd watch. I also think that a show like The Singing Bee should be on somewhere during the day.

ABC:
Men In Trees, Big Shots, Carpoolers, Cavemen, October Road, Woman's Murder Club, Cashmere Mafia, Miss Guided, Notes from the Underbelly, Oprah's Big Give, Here Comes the Newlyweds, Dance Wars:Bruno vs Carrie Ann

You asked me about a few of these so, I know that some of you will agree with me, some of these just weren't given a chance. I don't know if some of them were ever gonna be good (ahem) but I some just needed a regular time slot and some stability.

CBS:
Moonlight, Shark, Jericho, Viva Laughlin, Welcome to the Captain, Secret Talents of the Stars, Kid Nation, Power of 10

I liked Shark. I'm sad that Kid Nation is not coming back.


The CW:
Aliens in America, CW Now, Life is Wild, Online Nation, Beauty and the Geek, Crowned:The Mother of All Pageants, Pussycat Dolls Present:Girlicious

I'm so shocked that Beauty and the Geek is cancelled. I like that show. I admit that I didn't watch last season and it's probably a little played out by now. Maybe they shouldn't have shows with colons in the titles anymore.



FOX:
Back to You, New Amsterdam, Nashville, Canterbury's Law, K-Ville, The Return of Jezebel James, The Next Great American Band, Unhitched

Ok, truthfully, I only watched one painful episode of K-Ville because I hated it. I also tried to watch The Return of Jezebel James because of the cast. I couldn't do it. Obviously, I wasn't the only one.

I'll be back later in the week with the new shows. Which show(s) are you sad to see go?

10 comments:

KatieBug said...

Moonlight, Journeyman and October Road. So sad. :(

mamashine said...

Journeyman and Jericho, definitely. Although I didn't end up watching all the episodes of Jericho when they brought it back, so I guess it's not that devastating. I'm also very sad about Kid Nation. G and I loved that and watched it together every week.

I haven't seen Moonlight, but it stars the guy from Veronica Mars, so I have it in my netflix queue to catch up. I have a feeling I'll be sad it's gone too.

And I"M SO EXCITED ABOUT HEROES coming back.

Also, have you heard anything about whether the Sarah Connor Chronicles are getting picked up again? I'm hopeful, since they're not on your drop list. I really liked that one too.

Kate said...

Hubby's sad about Bionic Woman, but knew it wouldn't last. I'm sad about Cashmere Mafia, but I'm not surprised. Also sad about Scrubs, but glad that they'll still air the final season. It's too good to just shuffle off without a proper finale. I was also enjoying Notes from the Underbelly.

Andie said...

supposedly sarah connor chronicles is coming back...

shoeaddict said...

Right, Andie, it's on the retuning shows post.

Sarah T. said...

I'm sad about October Road, and also I don't think Rules of Engagement with David Spade and that funny chick from Grounded for Life (megan something I think,) which I think came on CBS, because it came on after How I Met Your Mother.

Sarah T. said...

I'm sad about October Road, and also I don't think Rules of Engagement with David Spade and that funny chick from Grounded for Life (megan something I think,) which I think came on CBS, because it came on after How I Met Your Mother.

Sarah T. said...

I'm sad about October Road, and also I don't think Rules of Engagement with David Spade and that funny chick from Grounded for Life (megan something I think,) which I think came on CBS, because it came on after How I Met Your Mother.

shoeaddict said...

Rules did not get cancelled. It's a midseason replacement.

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

I'm saddest to see Las Vegas canceled. We'll also miss Women's Murder Club, Jericho and Kid Nation.